Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Starting School

4 weeks today, Little Girl starts pre-school.

Ahhhhggggg!  I am totally freaked out.  Just how did she get so big? 
It is funny how much I want my kids to grow up all the time (I am so ready for temper tantrums to be done!), but at the same time, I want them to stay little, to be able to sit on my lap and snuggle.

But we are starting school.
Now I know a lot of Mom's that pre-school was very exciting because they are home all day with the kids, and once pre-school starts, it means they finally get a few hours a week away from said child.

But I work full-time out of the house.  My kids are both in day home, so while Little Girl is in pre-school, I will still be working - no coffee shops for me!

Someone at work told me recently that the pre-school and kindergarten years are the absolute hardest when both parents work.  The logistics are insane. 

No company (at least not Hubby's and mine) gives us a few hours a day to drive our children back and forth to school.  And then there is all the expected volunteering we are suppose to do.

But now we have 4 weeks. 
4 weeks to get ourselves a backpack.
4 weeks to get a first day outfit.
4 weeks to help my shy little girl get excited to go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment