Friday, February 24, 2012

On My Nightstand - One Day



One Day By David Nicholls

On the Back Cover:
It’s 1988 and Dexter Mayhew and Emma Morley have only just met.  But after only one day together, they cannot stop thinking about one another.  Over twenty years, snapshots of that relationship are revealed on the same day – July 15th – of each year.  Dex and Em face squabbles and fights, hopes and missed opportunities, laughter and tears.  And as they true meaning of this one crucial day is revealed, they m7ust come to grips with the nature of love and life itself.

My thoughts:
I LOVED this book!  First I loved the concept, I read quite a bit so when someone comes up with a great book and a new concept, it feels so fresh and new.  I loved how because you only saw one day at a time, sometimes you did not know exactly what was going on but had to read until the next chapter (or year) to find out.

I don’t want to say much more about this book, I would hate to ruin it for anyone interested in reading it, but let’s just say it is a wonderful book that I had a hard time putting down.

 My Rating: 5 out of 5.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so want to read this. I think I must download. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete