Monday, June 06, 2011

Garden Update - 3 1/2 weeks

I know I promised I would take a picture of my garden at week 3 - but I got busy and did not get around to it - so this picture was taken on Sunday night - 3 1/2 weeks from initial planting.

This past week was busy, on Monday I planted the second crop of peas, carrots, spinach and green onions.

Sunday, I finally put the last of the tomatoes into the ground - I am sure they will be much happier in their new home.


Yellow Onions

Peas

Green Beans - these guys finally came up - and look at what they did - considering a week ago it was hard to tell anything was there at all.

Tomato Alley - in total here I have 7 tomato plants - they might be a bit crowded, but this is my first year so we will see.
If you are noticing that they are in a corner and might not get the best sun - this corner actually gets mid morning to late evening sun - so it is a pretty good location - now I am also hoping that the hail comes from the opposite direction so they are protected!


Strawberries - I intended to buy 5 of the same type of strawberries - I accidentally bough 2 different kinds - I realized this as I was planting them - so it will be interesting to see what we get - this one is Eversweet.


This strawberry is called Fraisier Tristar - can't wait to try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment