Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years Ago

When I was growing up I heard my parents talk about where they were when Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, I heard them talk about where they were when they first heard about JFK being shot.

Unfortunately for us, we all now have a memory like that.
A where where you when...

Where were you when you first heard about a plane being flown into the World Trade Centre?

Over the last week, as the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 has been approaching, there has been tons of news coverage about it, and Hubby dug this out of the basement.

These are complete newspapers from the day after.

We spent a little bit of time looking at them, reading a few of the stories, feeling and remembering the raw pain that we all felt that day.

  


 

I was living in London, Ontario that day.  I was suppose to get on a plane and fly to the Bahamas on Thursday for a company retreat, needless to say, that never happened.

Where were you?

1 comment:

  1. I was living in Red Deer, attending RDC. When I first heard it on the news, I thought it was someone's idea of a really bad joke. I only wish it had been a bad joke.

    ReplyDelete