Sunday, July 01, 2012

Happy Canada Day!


I live in a country where not only does my husband get to vote, but I do too.
I live in a country where we don't have a bomb shelter in our house.
I live in a country where I have never seem a bomb except in a museum.
I live in a country where myself or my son did / does not have to serve in the army if we don't want to.
I live in a country where my kids could someday become the Prime Minister. I live in a country where if I need to go to the hospital, I don't have a bill to pay before I leave.
I live in a country with space to have a house, a yard and even a garden.
I live in a country that has people moving in and becoming citizens all the time.
I live in a country where myself and my daughter can own a house, drive a car and have the same job as any man.
I live in a country where my neighbour is from Cameroon, my co-worker is from Israel and my friend is from The United States - and they have the same rights I do.
I live in a pretty kick-ass country!

Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment