Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Perfect Iced Coffee



I love coffee.
I grind my own beans, prep my coffee the night before and set the timer.
Then I get out of bed before anyone else in the house in the morning, come downstairs and sit down with my cup and enjoy the quiet of the early morning.

The other cup of coffee I love is my mid-afternoon cup, usually around 2:00pm - it's really the perfect little break to the day - at work, well let's face it - we can all use a coffee break at 2, and at home on the weekends, well in all honesty that mid afternoon break might be the most important to my day to help us all survive until bedtime.

So when it gets hot outside, I still want my afternoon caffeine fix, but I don't carve the hot cup of coffee, so enter the iced coffee.

Everyone might have a secret or two up their sleeves for how to make a cup, but I thought I would share with you my little secret.

The first is to make extra coffee in the morning, now you can do 2 things: 1) leave it in the pot on the counter like I do, or 2) pour it into a pitcher and put it in the fridge.


Now, grab that martini shaker that is collecting dust in your cupboard; add some ice, cover with coffee - but make sure to only fill it 2/3 full.  Add whatever sugar you would normally drink your coffee with.
Put the top on and shake.  Shake it like a Polaroid picture (sorry, I couldn't help myself there).
Take the top off, add in a your cream, replace the top and shake a bit more - but not as much because now you have a much fuller martini shaker.

Pour into your glass and enjoy!

Trust me, it is perfection on a hot summer afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment