Monday, January 16, 2012

On My Nightstand - Tiger Hills



Tiger Hills by Sarita Mandanna
Format: Hardcover book (464)

On the back cover:
As the first girl born to the Nachimada family in over 60 years, the beautiful Devi is the object of adoration of her entire family. Strong-willed and confident, she befriends the shy Devanna, a young boy whose mother has died under tragic circumstances. The two quickly become inseparable, until Devi meets Machu the tiger killer, a hunter of great repute and a man of much honour and pride. Soon they fall deeply in love, an attraction that drives a wedge between Devi and Devanna. It is this tangled relationship among the three that leads to a devastating tragedy--an event that forever changes their fates and has unforeseen and far-reaching consequences for generations to come.

My thoughts:
I first heard about this book when the author was being interview on CBC radio, the books was being described as an epic novel very much like Gone with the Wind, and I thought I need to read that book.
So very soon after I bought it in hard cover since paperback was not released yet.

It sat on my shelf for months, and finally I picked it up and started reading.
It is a little bit hard to get into in the beginning, there are quite a few characters and none of the names are common to North America, so it was a little hard to keep track of who was who at first.
But as I find when you read books with lots of characters, very soon you have no problems knowing who is who.
I loved this book!
I loved the characters, I loved the story, and I could not put it down.
This is a book you read to enjoy the whole journey not to find out the ending. 

It is a wonderful story that will make you love and hate the same characters at the same time.

My rating: 5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment