Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!


Today is my birthday!
I know not everyone loves their birthday, but I love mine.
I love to be celebrated and honestly I think one day a year is just not enough.

I have been telling Little Girl for a few years now that I am 25, and this year she caught on to the fact that I need to start getting older at each birthday, so according to her, I am turning 26 today!
Sharing my birthday with me:
Shannon Doherty 1971
Vince Gill 1957
David Letterman 1947
David Cassidy 1950
Andy Garcia 1956
Tom Clancy 1947
Clair Danes 1979
On this day in history:

April 12, 1606 England adopts the Union Jack as its flag

April 12, 1861 "American Civil War: The war begins with Confederate forces firing on Fort Sumter, in the harbor of Charleston, South Carolina."

April 12, 1917 World War I: Canadian forces successfully complete the taking of Vimy Ridge from the Germans. It is also considered a major event in Canadian history for the primary role Canadian forces played in the attack.

April 12, 1961 Human spaceflight: Yuri Gagarin became the first human to travel into space in Vostok 3KA-2 (Vostok 1).

April 12, 1979 Soyuz 33 returns to Earth

April 12, 1980 "Terry Fox begins his ""Marathon of Hope"" by dipping his artificial leg into the Atlantic at St. John's, Newfoundland."

April 12, 1983 Harold Washington becomes Chicago's first black mayor

April 12, 1992 Euro Disney opens in Marne-la-Vallee France

April 12, 1999 "American President Bill Clinton was cited for contempt of court for giving ""intentionally false statements"" in the Paula Jones sexual harassment civil lawsuit."


I thought I would share a picture or two of me, and then as i was looking through all our pictures, it turns out I am most often the one behind the camera, so there are not a lot of great pictures of me, but here are a few I found and am willing to share (because honestly there are a few I will never share and really should delete).





My friend Janice and I at the lake last summer.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jenny! I hope you have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! Love the photos! :) Hope Adam spoils you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday. Today is also my Mom's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel - you know what is super wqeird about that - you share your birthday with Little Girl. Totally bizzare!

      Delete