I have started writing this post at least 10 times. And every time I find it going into another direction, I start talking about my I blog, the thoughts behind the blog title, I even go onto a tangent about our dog.
But what I want to write is a post about me. Why do I find it so hard to write about myself. I can tell you everything about my kids, but turn the spotlight on me (and I actually do like the spotlight on me), and I find it hard to find the words.
Here is a little bit about me (in point form so I can’t get distracted and go off about my kids)
- I am in my early thirties
- I am married to a wonderful man.
- We have 2 kids together – Little Girl is 4 ½ and Little Boy just turned 3.
- We have a 6 year old Long Haired Miniature Dachshund – names Brutis!
- We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- I work full time out of the house.
- I love to cook and bake.
- I make most meals from scratch in our house, but I do have Kraft Dinner and Hamburger Helper in the pantry too.
- I grew up in a small town but moved to Calgary just 2 weeks out of high school.
- I always said I would never again live in a small town, but now with kids I can see the benefits of it.
- I really doubt we will ever move to a small town. I have told hubby – it would have to have a Starbucks at a minimum!
- I love coffee, red wine and Coca-Cola – all bad for me but I don’t care.
- I don’t really like chocolate; it all goes to Hubby and the kids.
- I love to read; I read about a book a week.
- I am in 2 book clubs.
- I planted a vegetable garden for the first time last year – and loved it!
- I have 1 sister and 2 bothers – all are married, all live in Calgary and no one has kids but me.
- I drive a minivan – big surprise!